NPANZ is run by Nurses, not union officials.
- Zero party politics means lower fees for members.
- Workplace issues are resolved in a consultative manner.
- All member issues are completed and not left unresolved.
- Receive an initial response to your issue within one business day.
How We Can Help You
Legal Representation & Industrial Support
Our expert industrial advocate and legal support team provide industrial support for a variety of workplace issues including industrial disputes, pay disputes, bullying and more.
Membership for Nurses and Affiliate Options
Only working employee Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Enrolled Nurses may hold the status of Member. Student nurse members and non working members cannot vote or become a delegate.
Also, we meet the needs of Healthcare Assistants, Allied Health and other hospital employees. They may join as affiliates which entitles them to the same Professional Indemnity Insurance coverage, legal backup and support services as Members. Midwives are not covered by the NPANZ Professional Indemnity Insurance policy but are eligible for the legal backup and support. As with the affiliates, the only limitation is that they cannot vote or become a delegate and gain voting rights for the Society.
Collective Bargaining & Working Condition Advocacy
- Skilled negotiation of Collective Agreements.
- Advocacy on workplace policy, procedures and system change.
- Advocating for workplace change by applying pressure to governments and employers through the media or political system.
Zero Party Politics
No member funds can be used for any party-political purpose or to support any political party.
With no class wars to fight, no party political agendas to fulfil, no ideological barrows to push and no exorbitant executive salaries to pay, NPANZ is able to exclusively focus on asserting its members' interests.
The Nurses' Professional Association of New Zealand (NPANZ) is a union whose principal purpose is to protect and promote the interests of members in matters concerning their employment or professional engagement. No membership fees are used to support any political party, so we are able to source and/or provide representation for all members, on all issues.